Knitting Navy Wife

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rain, rain, go away...

Logan wants to go out and play!

Or better yet mommy wants Logan to go out and play! We have some sort of system parked off the coast that is keeping the rain coming up the coast inland and continually dumping on us. The weather man explained it much better than I did. In short the past 4 days have been thunderstorms, rain, more thunder, some pretty lightening, did I mention rain, and of course more rain. The flooding in DC, Virginia and Maryland are evidently pretty history making. The weather man says in the 25 years he's been doing weather here he's never seen anything like this. And I left Seattle partly to get away from the rain!

The good thing about rain is I have plenty of knitting time (when I'm not trying to keep Logan from sitting on his sister or refereeing some other sibling 'discussion') and am actually making progress on a lace shawl and my FLAK. Another good thing is my garden is loving it. It's no longer this lovely brown rectangle in my back yard, there are actually things growing! The bad thing is I have no pictures to show any progress. Those who knit lace will understand when I say right now it looks like a rather large mess of yarn. Since the shwal I'm working on is a square knitted in the round (is that possible? Sounds like trying to put a round peg in a square hole.) it really looks like a bag shaped mess of yarn. I have no excuse for having no pictures of my FLAK except that it's made of wool and I put it away until I can bear the thought of having that much wool sitting in my lap.

Pictures of some actual knitting progress soon. I promise!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Can you send some rain up here to the Rockies? We really need it to help curtail forest fires. Can't wait to see a pic of your FLAK :-)

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Knitting Rose said…

    where are you? I miss you! Please blog again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home