Knitting Navy Wife

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Knitting Olympics and Snow

I cast on my knitting Olympics project yesterday during the opening ceremonies. It's going along rather quickly too. I'm beginning to wonder if I either over estimated the project or under estimated myself. I'm thinking that I may be done with this about halfway through the Olympics. That's while I'm taking care of two kids under the age of four with my DH gone for the next two weeks. I know I will be happy with the finished product and will have a sense of accomplishment, I just wonder if I should have challenged myself more. Famous last words. Now that I've said that I'll run into all sorts of problems that will require many trips to the frog pond! lol!

I've picked up the FLAK today and worked more on the front. I really like the way it's coming out and am excited to see the finished product. With all the swatching, measuring and math I've done I may even get a sweater that fits me this time. I always seem to make them too big or too small so I've got my fingers crossed for this one.

It's about 11:30 here right now and I'm looking out my window watching the snow come down. There is nothing I find more soothing and beautiful to watch as snow falling. Doesn't matter the time of day either. During the day I watch out any window I can, during the night I watch the street lights. As far as I'm concerned it just isn't winter without at least one significant snowstorm and supposedly we should get at least 6 inches with this one. As I watch the snow I can't help but think how appropriate it is to have the white stuff on the ground during the Olympics so I can feel a bit like I'm there while I knit along. Now the snow, of course, means I won't go anywhere and I missed the 'slumber party' at my friend Amy's house, but I can survive being cooped up with the kids for a day or two. It's a small price to pay for a bit of natures beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home