Knitting Navy Wife

Monday, June 05, 2006

The demise of the Entrelac socks

I finished one. I really did. I then realized that upon trying the sock on it was a bit too tight and rather difficult to get on over my ankle. I had to decide if I really wanted to torture myself and rip out the first sock and try to knit it on bigger needles (not to mention knit a second sock) or scrap the whole idea, admit that I fought the sock and the sock won, and use this very lovely yarn for another pair of socks entirely. Scrapping the whole idea won out. But just to prove I tried something new (kind of like trying broccoli in some new way so I can say I did it) heres the lone sock I did complete:


You can't really see it but the toe still has the needles in it. I didn't want to break the yarn until I had tried it on one last time in case it really was too tight.



I've frogged the foot back to where the entrelac section ended and all I have left of the sock to remind me of this experience is this :


You may ask why I'm keeping this reminder of a sock I really didn't enjoy knitting. Answer? I'm keeping it so the next time I am tearing my hair out over a lace pattern, or a complicated aran sweater, I can pull out this cuff and remember that there is nothing worse to me than this entrelac sock.









In other knitting news, I've returned for a time to my FLAK. I've been seeing the pictures of other FLAKer's finished sweaters and really want to see mine done. I haven't had much knitting time lately since Jeff is leaving in 3 days and there's so much to be done before he leaves. Ack! Did I really see that right? 3 days? That's all I have left before he's gone for a year?! Well on the bright side I'll be getting a few more projects done when he's gone and have a bunch more stuff for blogging about and showing you. Something else that has been a benefit of him leaving. Since he doesn't think I'll be doing much shopping at the LYS while he's gone (yeah, right), what with having the kids and all (you try taking two kids under the age of 4 to a yarn store, I don't recommend it!) he's sending me off to do some yarn shopping tomorrow. He doesn't need to tell me twice! I'm heading over to Yarns International to see what damage I can do to the credit card. They are closing their brick and mortar store and going to an on-line store only with some shows here and there. I have some projects in mind that I MUST have yarn for so we'll see what I can find. I'll have to post what I end up with.

In the meantime, here's a picture of Sidney at her first birthday party. She's just starting in on the cake:













And of course, here she is with the after math.

I've seen worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home