Knitting Navy Wife

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Flooring and Carpet and Chaos, oh my!

We had new floors and carpet put in this week. Monday it was the laminate floor in the majority of the house. I had deluded myself into thinking that there would be no problem with the kids and space. Boy was I wrong! I sent Logan off to school at 8:15 and then 6 little worker bees showed up at my house about 15 minutes later. Now my husband and I had unloaded all the bookcases and moved everything out of the rooms except the furniture. I thought I would be able to hang out in the living room (which wasn't getting flooring but new carpeting on Thursday) but I completely forgot the worker bees would need a place to move the furniture to. Ok, Logan is at school and Sidney (the 8 month old) can hang out in the office with me for the morning. Sounds reasonable. Except all the furniture was now in the living room and there was no way they would be finished before Logan got home from school. So I called Jeff and he came home to help me entertain the kids until the worker bees were done. It worked ok from there. It was just a little crazy and chaotic (and I HATE chaos) and we were pretty much trapped in the office, but we managed.

Fast forward to yesterday. I got a phone call from the carpet people letting me know the next set of worker bees would be here sometime today between 7am and 10am. 7am?!!! I'm barely conscious by 7am! Ok, I can drag my lazy butt out of bed at 6am for one day, really I can. I may not like it but I can do it. I managed to get up by 6:30 (did I forget to mention I love my snooze button?). That gives me half an hour, right? Wrong! I was still in my bathrobe with wet hair (I at least got my shower done) when I saw the van pull into our driveway at 6:45! What the?!! I somehow managed to at least get dressed before they rang the doorbell. And all three of them barely spoke English, but that's a rant for another day. Here I am....trying to dry my hair, supervise these guys moving furniture, take care of the baby and get Logan ready to get on the school bus by 8:15. All this without my morning mocha! Complete chaos! Aargh!! It is now 9:30am. The 3 little worker bees are gone, my new carpet is in, the furniture is replaced, Logan is at school, I have my coffee and the baby is napping. Blessed peace. Maybe I will get some knitting done after all.

On the knitting front, would you believe I'm thinking about joining yet another knit-a-long? There is a Myrna Stahman group starting up. I've always wanted to try to make a faroese shawl and I know Myrna Stahmang designs some beautiful things. Now to figure out how to work this one in so Jeff doesn't catch me. I'll be using stash yarn I have so how can he complain bout just one more? Well I do have to buy the book, but.....

2 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    GASP! A Myrna Stahman group?!? Where??? I must know.
    OK, I'm OK now. (Breathing deeply)Seriously, I'd love to have the info...
    Pretty please :~)

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Genia said…

    yes, do tell! What Myrna Stahman group?

    Welcome to blogworld!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home